The Board of Directors recognizes our legal and moral responsibility to ensure our policies, programs, projects, advocacy and employment are inclusive of all people, regardless of race, ethnicity, geographical origin, gender identification, age, religion, or socio-economic status. We committed to the following in our Statement of Diversity and Inclusion:
- Doing the work as an organization to learn about justice, equity, diversity and inclusion, and how they relate to our mission.
- Seeking to expand diversity of our Board of Directors.
- Recruiting employees and consultants whose background and experience show a commitment to diversity and environmental justice.
- Ensuring diversity and environmental justice are key components of our strategic planning and programmatic work.
- Using our positions as conservation leaders to amplify diverse voices in the conservation movement.
In addition to our personal commitments as Directors, the District has created an Ad Hoc Environmental Justice Policy Committee, which is charged with developing a draft plan for review and adoption by the Board of Directors.
Please reach out to us if you have any comments, questions or concerns regarding our Statement of Diversity and Inclusion and the subsequent actions we are taking to fulfill our commitments.
Environmental Justice Resources:
Environmental justice is the fair treatment and meaningful involvement of all people regardless of race, color, national origin, or income, with respect to the development, implementation and enforcement of environmental laws, regulations, and policies.
- SB 535 Disadvantaged Communities
- California Environmental Justice Alliance
- Latino Outdoors
- Asian Pacific Environmental Network
- Native American Water Justice
- Black-led Organizations (Silicon Valley Community Foundation)
- Destination Home
- County of Santa Clara Division of Equity and Social Justice
- CAL EPA Environmental Justice Program
- EPA's EJSCREEN: Environmental Justice Screening and Mapping Tool
- USDA Environmental Justice Strategic Plan: 2016-2020
- USEPA Environmental Justice